How It Works
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Kristen Pedersen, PhD, holds a Bachelor of Arts in Media Communication and a Master of Arts in Communication, both from the University of South Alabama, as well as a Doctor of Philosophy in Public Communication from Bournemouth University in Poole, England. In addition to being the Director of Continuing and Professional Education for Norwich, she teaches university online coursework in communication, leadership, and public relations. A veteran of the U.S. Coast Guard, Pedersen has a deep personal connection to the military and an affinity for designing programs and courses specifically for cadets, active duty and veteran students.
- The broad range of media channels that you can choose from—from traditional outlets to social media
- What makes a story worthy of publication?
- Finding news stories, as well as generating them
- How to respond to journalist inquiries
- Maintaining lists of press contacts
- Tailoring your story pitch to a specific media outlet’s audience
Who Should Register:
- This course is ideal for anyone who works with people, especially leaders, those who interact with the public, or anyone who creates messages for their organization
- Government or military personnel
- Public Information Officers
- Communication, marketing, and PR professionals
- Business owners or business professionals
- Public speakers