How It Works
2 CEUs, equivalent to 20 Contact Hours/PDUs
Project management skills are in demand across a variety of industries, and the upward salary trends for the profession reflect that reality. This course aims to give you a bird’s-eye-view of project management essentials, especially project planning. Join us to learn the most crucial foundational concepts and tools.
Meet Your Instructor
President & Co-founder of Holt Barker Management ConsultingScot Barker has more than 25 years of experience across multiple organizations (for-profit, non-profit and social impact organizations) and brings a varied background to this course. Scot earned a bachelor’s degree in History and a master’s degree in Higher & Adult Education Administration at the University of Missouri - Columbia. He’s held senior management roles across various companies and multiple verticals from managing implementation projects himself to leading teams of project managers, customer support, and operations teams.
Project Management Overview
This course can help put you on the path to PMP certification if that’s something you’d like to pursue–CEUs/hours from this course count toward PMI PDU/Contact Hours requirements for taking the PMP exam or annual certification renewal. We also offer intensive PMP, CAPM, and Agile exam prep courses
- Creating and using Gantt charts and other widely used project tools
- Pinpointing the gaps in your project management skills so you can create future learning plans
- More confidently and accurately using the language of the profession in interviews and on the job
- Identifying PMBOK process areas and knowledge areas
- Understanding the benefits of employing project management techniques
Who Should Register:
- Adults looking to transition into a Project Management career
- Project Managers who want to do better work
- Anyone who works in a field that heavily relies on Project Management approaches, including: Technology, Healthcare, Engineering, Construction, Banking & financial services, Law, Education, & others
We provide a more interactive and visually engaging learning experience than you’ll find in many online course environments.
The format of this class is fully online, instructor-led, pass/no pass, and can be taken as part of the certificate or independently. Certificate courses can be taken in any order unless otherwise noted.
You'll experience optional live sessions with your instructor and other experts and have the opportunity to ask questions and discuss the subject.
Learn content deeply through varied case studies, topical readings, infographics and other visuals, and hands-on exercises.
Build your knowledge repository with weekly quizzes, open group discussions, and even the occasional debate.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
Project Management Overview
Devote 6-8 hours/week
Apply knowledge to your real life
Do the extra work when you can
Be prepared to learn from each other