How It Works
2 CEUs, equivalent to 20 Contact Hours/PDUs
Projects have countless elements to manage—from the varied stakeholders and overlapping deadlines to the limited resources and their tendency to grow in scope. They’re complex. Don’t let that lead to project failure. Join us to learn about bringing order to that chaos.
Self-paced course; start at anytime
Meet Your Instructor
Bruce Gay, PMP
Bruce Gay, PMP, is a Sr. Program Manager & Public Speaker. He manages large-scale programs that include both technical and business change with the aim of improving organizational performance. Over the past decade, Bruce has managed many product teams, incorporating UX Design and Design Thinking methodologies into the product development process. He has presented at both regional and international professional conferences on Design Thinking and Project Management. When describing his work, he says, “I enjoy bringing order to chaos and spending time with leaders to study and learn from their successes (and failures)”, an approach that has also influenced the design of this course.
This course covers scope management, mitigating common project challenges, and how to prevent and deal with feeling overwhelmed or burnt out. We’ll analyze cases of real projects to explore why they succeed or fail. Additionally, we’ll discuss how to cut through red tape and proven techniques for moving forward when you feel stuck.
- Applying Agile Project Management approaches to your work
- Employing Design Thinking methods and other problem-solving strategies
- Using specific tools for systematic prioritization
- Simplifying projects with Lean principles and tools like Kanban
- Keeping the big picture in sight using Burndown Charts and other techniques
Who Should Register:
- Adults looking to transition into a Project Management career
- Project Managers who want to do better work
- Anyone who works in a field that heavily relies on Project Management approaches, including: Technology, Healthcare, Engineering, Construction, Banking & financial services, Law, Education, & others
We provide a more interactive and visually engaging learning experience than you’ll find in many online course environments.
The format of this class is fully online, instructor-led, pass/no pass, and can be taken as part of the certificate or independently. Certificate courses can be taken in any order unless otherwise noted.
You'll experience optional live sessions with your instructor and other experts and have the opportunity to ask questions and discuss the subject.
Learn content deeply through varied case studies, topical readings, infographics and other visuals, and hands-on exercises.
Build your knowledge repository with weekly quizzes, open group discussions, and even the occasional debate.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
Devote 6-8 hours/week
Apply knowledge to your real life
DO THE EXTRA WORK WHEN YOU CAN
Be prepared to learn from each other