How It Works
Meet the Program Creator
Kurt Blomquist, MS, has served as the Public Works Director for the City of Keene, New Hampshire for the last 21 years. He spent 27 years in the US Air Force—8 on active duty and 19 in the Reserves. In the Air Force, he was a Civil Engineering Officer serving in various positions involving the maintenance, repair, and construction of facilities and infrastructure. He retired in 2012 as a Lieutenant Colonel. Kurt graduated from Norwich University with a BS in Civil Engineering, participating in the Corp of Cadets, and received his Master’s of Civil Engineering from Georgia Tech. He is a registered Professional Engineer in California and New Hampshire and is actively involved in professional associations at the state, regional, and national level.
- Developing your voice so that you write your plan with authority and clarity
- Building peer collaboration into not only your plan, but also your day-to-day work for improved results
- Realistic expectations for plan integration
Who Should Register:
- Public Works Professionals, especially those seeking APWA Level 2 Public Works Management (PWM) credentialing
- Anyone who is interested in a career in public works, or who currently works in this sector, and wants to hone and enhance their existing skills in management and leadership.