How It Works
2 CEUs, equivalent to 24 Contact Hours/PDUs
The world in which we live is full of pressures and stressors. This course will help you to develop a basic understanding of Mental Toughness (MT) and its applications by providing the knowledge and confidence needed to transform both you and your organizations into resilient, decisive, and performance-oriented individuals, teams and organizations.
Self-paced course; start at anytime
Introduction to Mental Toughness and Assessment
Participants in this course will gain fundamental knowledge of Mental Toughness (MT), its history, development, terminology, technologies and impact in all types of organizations. Students will be assessed with the MTQPlus and gain a broad view of MT, its definitions, the state of development and the implications for government, industries, and individual sectors.
- The MT310 Course price Includes all (remote) MTQ-PLUS Assessment administration, processing, and Individual Feedback Reports in electronic format. The Developmental Report provides a “sten” score and narrative for each scale and sub-scale, as well as an overall mental toughness score. The report also contains suggestions for development activities and follow-on developmental programs. Also included is the online, digital feedback session from our certified practitioner, who will take you through your assessment results and explain what each score means. Finally, a digital copy of the book “Developing Mental Toughness – Coaching Strategies to Improve Performance, Resilience and Wellbeing” by Doug Strycharczyk and Peter Clough is also included as a reference for the certificate program.
- Introduction to Mental Toughness and the 4 C's Model
- Stress and Mindset
- History of Mental Toughness Development
- Mental Toughness and the MTQPlus Measure
- Control, Commitment, Challenge and Confidence
Who Should Register:
- This course is for anyone who has an interest or a responsibility in the field of Leadership and Management
- Relevant from the student-level to organizational leaders in both the public and private sectors
- Applicable across any industry, including academia, business, emergency services, corporate leadership, athletics and sports teams
- Government, non-government or military personnel
We provide a more interactive and visually engaging learning experience than you’ll find in many online course environments.
The format of this class is fully online, instructor-led, pass/no pass, and can be taken as part of the certificate or independently. Certificate courses can be taken in any order unless otherwise noted.
You'll experience optional live sessions with your instructor and other experts and have the opportunity to ask questions and discuss the subject.
Learn content deeply through varied case studies, topical readings, infographics and other visuals, and hands-on exercises.
Build your knowledge repository with weekly quizzes, open group discussions, and even the occasional debate.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
Devote 6-8 hours/week
Apply knowledge to your real life
Do the extra work when you can
Be prepared to learn from each other