How It Works
2 CEUs, equivalent to 24 Contact Hours/PDUs
Mental Toughness has been shown to have a high correlation to success in almost every industry or walk of life. This course focuses on MT and how it relates to the individual and to members of a team, reviewing specific areas that affects the individual and culminating with the development of an MT Development Plan. Prerequisite: MT310 Introduction to Mental Toughness and Assessment
October 5, 2020
Mental Toughness and the Individual & Team
The course will provide a review of current research and specific areas where Mental Toughness (or the lack thereof) affects the individual. Then, students will examine Mental Toughness as it relates to a team or group, analyzing examples from academia, government, sports, the corporate sector and the military. The course will then examine specific modalities for the development of Mental Toughness in individuals and teams, culminating in the students creating their own Mental Toughness Development Plan, based on their own MTQPlus Assessments.
- Current Research on Mental Toughness
- Current Thinking on Mental Toughness
- Mental Toughness and the Individual
- Mental Toughness and the Team/Group
- Methods and Modalities for developing MT in the Individual and the Team/Group
- Developing an individual MT Development Plan
- Measuring Improvement: The Distance Traveled Report
Who Should Register:
- This course is for anyone who has an interest or a responsibility in the field of Leadership and Management
- Relevant from the student-level to organizational leaders in both the public and private sectors
- Applicable across any industry, including academia, business, emergency services, corporate leadership, athletics and sports teams
- Government, non-government or military personnel
We provide a more interactive and visually engaging learning experience than you’ll find in many online course environments.
The format of this class is fully online, instructor-led, pass/no pass, and can be taken as part of the certificate or independently. Certificate courses can be taken in any order unless otherwise noted.
You'll experience optional live sessions with your instructor and other experts and have the opportunity to ask questions and discuss the subject.
Learn content deeply through varied case studies, topical readings, infographics and other visuals, and hands-on exercises.
Build your knowledge repository with weekly quizzes, open group discussions, and even the occasional debate.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
Devote 6-8 hours/week
Apply knowledge to your real life
Do the extra work when you can
Be prepared to learn from each other